TAXI UNCLE & MARRIAGE.
....
i dunno why, but taxi uncles love talking to me.
once i board the cab, they will talk to me non-stop.
most of the time, i enjoy talking to them.
because it makes my journey a pleasant one.
however, when i am not in the mood.
i totally hate taxi drivers who keep on talking!
....
usually, we talk about the reckless drivers on the road.
sometimes, we talk about accidents on the road.
and at times, they talk to me about their lives.
but, the topic i had with the taxi uncle today, was about marriage.
....
i was alone in the cab, on the way home.
uncle started talking about the major jam caused by an accident along PIE (as usual).
then, we talked about health issues.
next, he told me that he got married at the age of 18.
no, it wasnt shotgun.
he knew his wife for 26days, and they ROM-ed.
till today, they are still very much in love.
he said sth, and that sth kept me thinking.
....
"nowadays, young people get married because.....
...
1) Everyone around them is married or getting married. So, they feel, IT'S TIME TO GET MARRIED TOO.
2) they feel their time is up. must get married before a certain age as planned.
3) they have been with their partner for too long already, so no choice, married loh.
4) Shot gun.
5) For the sake of getting married. (cuz parents are nagging!)
6) for the HDB flat.
7) they need a companion.
and so on."
...
so he asked me, if i am agreeable with just cohabitation?
...
I replied, "No uncle. i am traditional. i wanna get married eventually."
...
he went on, telling me that he always tell him wife that he din regret choosing her as his partner for a life-time. But if he can turn back time, he would want to be a bachelor. because being married needs a lot of effort. it takes years and years to maintain a happy marriage.
...
"it's not easy xiao mei mei", uncle advised.
...
i guess, it's all fated that i boarded his taxi, and we started this conversation.
because my bf just told me today - "why must get married? stay (in other words, it's cohabitation i guess) together can already."
...
maybe. maybe i wont get to wear a Vera Wang wedding gown afterall.
maybe. maybe i wont get to walk down the aisle with the one i love.
maybe. just maybe i wont even experience the feeling of getting a proposal from my loved one.
....
to all my dear friends who are happily married, planning to get married, or already in the process of getting married. pls ignore my NEGATIVE ENTRY about marriage. i wish that all of u will enjoy a blissful and ever-lasting marriage.
....
to those who are not married. fret not!!! maybe it's a blessing in disguise! really.

in my past..

I cried so bad when i read this: http://www.charle...
i logged on to msn at 2pm, feeling so lethargic an...
HAPPY OX YEAR EVERYONE!...23rd Jan - Fri - Chinato...
Today, i had my first taste of caviar.i dun really...
A letter. ...from who? ETTUSAIS!...anyone wanna co...
Let's see. My WIL 2 individual assignment progress...
Clearance for CNY. credits: tracyeinny.livejournal...
Missing my Primary School Friends. this is my prim...
i find my Marketing Principle lecturer, Miss Vena ...
Learn about Ettusais (Eh-tu-say).Means: "You know ...