HERPES ZOSTER/ SHINGLES/ "SNAKE"

Dear all,

I have kena the above virus. not what STD ok!! it's a chicken pox virus la. I went to get a second opinion, and he has since confirmed that it is herpes zoster. and he said i got an extremely weak immune system. later HFMD, now this. why me? anyway, i will be going through a very painful and itchy process. this shit will last me for 2-4 weeks. my herpes zoster symptoms are just the beginning. it is still in the process of spreading and growing PUS! then...it will slowly become 'chao tar' and crispy. my doc fee was $200! and i have to wake up every 4hours to eat my medication. i will experience severe headache and even fever. i have so many project deadlines...how can i fall sick now? and doc said that if I do not take care of myself (i.e. eat only veggies, fruits and plain congee, eat medication on time, put medicated cream daily), i will get scars, and it will last me for the rest of my life. the moment i heard that, i had tears in my eyes. i dun wanna have a scarred body. i already got so many moles! i dun want scars!!! sigh. pls pray for my speedy recovery. i've put up a notice to let you girls know more abt this. don't worry. this will only be contagious to those who have not have chicken pox yet. pls dun come near me if you got no chicken pox before.

Love,
Sarahdee


Herpes zoster is an acute, localized infection with varicella-zoster virus, which causes a painful, blistering rash.

Herpes zoster, or shingles, is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. After an episode of chickenpox, the virus becomes dormant in the body. Herpes zoster occurs as a result of the virus re-emerging after many years.The cause of the re-activation is usually unknown, but seems to be linked to aging, stress, or an impaired immune system. Often only one attack occurs, without recurrence.

The typical rash appears in 2 to 3 days, after the virus has reached the skin. It consists of red patches of skin with small blisters (vesicles) that look very similar to early chickenpox. The rash often increases over the next 3 to 5 days. Then, the blisters break, forming small ulcers that begin to dry and form crusts. The crusts fall off in 2 to 3 weeks, leaving behind pink healing skin.

Herpes zoster can be contagious through direct contact in an individual who has not had chickenpox, and therefore has no immunity. Herpes zoster may affect any age group, but it is much more common in adults over 60 years old, in children who had chickenpox before the age of one year, and in individuals whose immune system is weakened.

Warning:
Herpes zoster usually clears in 2 to 3 weeks and rarely recurs. Involvement of motor nerves (nerves that control movement) may cause temporary or permanent nerve palsy (weakness or paralysis). Neuralgia (continued nerve pain) may persist for years in 50% of those over 60 years old who have shingles, particularly if the trigeminal nerve was affected. Eye lesions may lead to permanent blindness and require emergency medical care.

in my past..

I KENA "SNAKE"? this is just one patch of the MANY...
i am feeling extremely moody, pissed off, tired, s...
Schoool day... alvin took this artistic shot. tryi...
Yet another sunday together. this is me. all dress...
Happy Happenings! thanks to mummy and daddy's cont...
Crazy times in school (pictures stolen from Ms. Ac...
WHY WHY WHY?why must we be the ones who always ini...
COPYRIGHTS OF LOUIS LAU's STUDIO. DO NOT ATTEMPT T...
Just changed my blog song and blog heading. my all...
Stolen pictures!! baby celeste. abt 2 weeks old th...