almost every taxi that i board, the uncles will create small little chats with me.
today, it was no surprise.
he talked about his 2 filial daughters, his family and his job.
he talked about how his peers laughed at him when he took out all his savings of S$72k for his elder daughter's education fee in UK. they said he was stupid and that his daughter would never be able to repay the amount.
he told me his daughter took a year to repay that amount, and now, 10 years on, she still provides him and his wife with an allowance of S$700 each.
he gave me advices about life and filial piety through his personal experiences.
i felt it was a fruitful journey home.

anyway, my cab fare was S$12. he turned around and asked me to pass him S$10. i felt bad and insisted on paying the full fare. but he declined, saying that i still haven gotten a job, so just pay him S$10. he smiled at me and wished me luck for my job search.

thank you uncle. you have been very kind. may u and ur family be blessed. =)

in my past..

i am currently reading a great book by Mitch Albom...
i am so pissed off now. someone on msn just said i...
i am craving for doublecheese burger now. and some...
Ettusais Girls' Day Out!!!...we reached at 1pm, an...
omg. i have been busy like a bumble bee since last...
yay! so happy!!my pretty dresses have arrived.from...
like my new blogskin? i love it!!!thanks to ZX, my...
Random Pictures from Coryfish's camera....at Joel ...
so many movies that i wanna watch, but din get to ...
Friendships must be maintained!a shot of myself be...